Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Set "View Options" For All Playlists In Big Sur Music

Music App v 1.1.3.3 macOS: v 11.2.3

Still have not found a way to do this. Richard Grant wrote in a previous thread with same subject that "the app seems to have learned my preferred playlist view format." I have changed quite a few playlists to the songs view with specific settings and that has still not been automatically applied when I make a new playlist.

Anyone have any luck with this?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 3:54 PM

Melzie,

All new playlists are created in "Playlist View." There is no option to change it. That is how it has behaved for the past several years. (In the olden days of iTunes, each newly created playlist would inherit the view options of the main library, but that behavior was removed.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 3:54 PM in response to melzie

Melzie,

All new playlists are created in "Playlist View." There is no option to change it. That is how it has behaved for the past several years. (In the olden days of iTunes, each newly created playlist would inherit the view options of the main library, but that behavior was removed.)

How To Set "View Options" For All Playlists In Big Sur Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.