Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Simplified Apple Watch menus for the elderly

Can the Apple Watch menus have a simplified version? My 88 y/o mother has no idea how to run her highly complex Apple Watch that we got her for fall detection -- so she doesn't wear it. So it doesn't do its job, and was a waste of money.

Seriously, has no one at Apple done IT support for an elderly person? Do none of you have an elderly relative that you would like to keep safe? How can you be marketing a device that the target market group cannot run?

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 9:07 PM

You bought a very sophisticate Watch without knowing what it can do or how to use it?

Actually the Watch is very easy to use, from 6 years old to beyond my age, I'm 70.

Here's the online manual => Get started - Apple Support

Note: best you start of by using only 1 or 2 functions then increase them slowly after you are familiar with the Watch.

FYI: The Fall Detection is automatic if the user age during setup is over 55.

Read here => Manage fall detection on Apple Watch (Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 4 and later only) - Apple Support

By the way, this is a user to user technical forum, we are volunteers and you are not addressing Apple here.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 9:07 PM in response to Scotty683

You bought a very sophisticate Watch without knowing what it can do or how to use it?

Actually the Watch is very easy to use, from 6 years old to beyond my age, I'm 70.

Here's the online manual => Get started - Apple Support

Note: best you start of by using only 1 or 2 functions then increase them slowly after you are familiar with the Watch.

FYI: The Fall Detection is automatic if the user age during setup is over 55.

Read here => Manage fall detection on Apple Watch (Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 4 and later only) - Apple Support

By the way, this is a user to user technical forum, we are volunteers and you are not addressing Apple here.

Simplified Apple Watch menus for the elderly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.