Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad won't receive or send text messages

Out of nowhere my ipad (5th gen) has stopped receiving and sending text messages. I went into settings as suggested on the forums and made sure all my buttons were on for text in imessage. I've looked through the entire settings menu, even checked that my wi-fi was connected and also turned off/on the iPad. Nothing!! I recently changed the password in my apple account (that's the only thing I can think of might be the issue) but it has not affected my iPhone text messages or anything else on my iphone. Anyone got any other suggestions? SOS here......

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 3:39 AM

First, if you have recently changed the Password for your AppleID account, take note of necessary actions:

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Next, you should explicitly verify that Text Message Forwarding for your iPad is enabled on your iPhone.

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

More information:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Fault finding if needed:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I hope you find this to helpful in resolving the issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 3:39 AM in response to thomygirl

First, if you have recently changed the Password for your AppleID account, take note of necessary actions:

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Next, you should explicitly verify that Text Message Forwarding for your iPad is enabled on your iPhone.

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

More information:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Fault finding if needed:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I hope you find this to helpful in resolving the issue.

Ipad won't receive or send text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.