Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't update whatsapp

I can't  use my whatsapp without updating. I tried update whatsapp but it didn't work.I can dowload and update other apps in app store except whatsapp. When ı trying update whatsapp, app store don't accept my password and then it said my account is locked. I trying to unlock it asks my  mom's  phone number and apple id. My mother used the phone before me but ı changed everthing when ı started using.  

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 9:32 AM

aysingul wrote:

I can't use my whatsapp without updating. I tried update whatsapp but it didn't work.I can dowload and update other apps in app store except whatsapp. When ı trying update whatsapp, app store don't accept my password and then it said my account is locked. I trying to unlock it asks my mom's phone number and apple id. My mother used the phone before me but ı changed everthing when ı started using.

It sounds as if you're using a version of Whatsapp that was downloaded under your mother's Apple ID. Delete the app from your phone and then re-download it using your account.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 9:32 AM in response to aysingul

aysingul wrote:

I can't use my whatsapp without updating. I tried update whatsapp but it didn't work.I can dowload and update other apps in app store except whatsapp. When ı trying update whatsapp, app store don't accept my password and then it said my account is locked. I trying to unlock it asks my mom's phone number and apple id. My mother used the phone before me but ı changed everthing when ı started using.

It sounds as if you're using a version of Whatsapp that was downloaded under your mother's Apple ID. Delete the app from your phone and then re-download it using your account.

Don't update whatsapp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.