Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

at the top of my ipad there is a lock showing

how to clear lock showing at the top of my ipad

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 6:41 AM

iPad Air2 does not have a configurable side-switch that controls the Screen Rotation Lock.

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

More information about the Screen Rotation Lock can be found here:

Rotate the screen on your iPad – Apple Support

For information, if screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful in resolving any problems.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 6:41 AM in response to trucklady

iPad Air2 does not have a configurable side-switch that controls the Screen Rotation Lock.

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

More information about the Screen Rotation Lock can be found here:

Rotate the screen on your iPad – Apple Support

For information, if screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful in resolving any problems.

at the top of my ipad there is a lock showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.