Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand on iPadOS hangs when any edit is done

I've used my iPad as a music scratchpad with GarageBand, my guitar and keyboard for the past few years. Lately I've noticed that the app essentially freezes whenever I make even the slightest edit like sliding an audio track down the timeline. It hangs for around a minute or so. It's pretty much unusable at this point.

Has anyone noticed this issue with GarageBand 2.3.10?

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 5:11 PM

2 replies

May 4, 2021 3:31 AM in response to tvc15Brian

I think I have a similar problem which I can’t figure out. While editing a project in GarageBand everything suddenly freezes and a message comes up which says: GarageBand has stopped - GarageBand has been interrupted by another app and cannot be used. When the interruption has ended, you can resume playback or recording again.

I have tried all the tricks like restarting, rebooting, redownloading, resetting. I have tried closing all background app refresh. But this problems persists and I don’t really know what to do. Any advice would help. TIA.

GarageBand on iPadOS hangs when any edit is done

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.