You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blue "unread mail" dot just vanishes, without being read

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 3:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 5:26 AM

if it's an imap or exchange mail setup then if it was read on any device that had the account added it would be read on all

same if it was read on a webclient.

if you do not have added the account to other devices which could have marked them as read then I would consider changing the password for the mail account

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2021 5:26 AM in response to bernardrickus

if it's an imap or exchange mail setup then if it was read on any device that had the account added it would be read on all

same if it was read on a webclient.

if you do not have added the account to other devices which could have marked them as read then I would consider changing the password for the mail account

Apr 12, 2021 10:34 PM in response to Rudegar

I face the same issue on my Iphone XR IOS 14.3.

The setup was automated using known parameters for icloud setting the app has for this exchange.

Checked that all ports and security settings match what is recommended here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202304

Receives all email and send email without any errors.

Just cannot get the APP to retain the Unread Count on the APP icon.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.