Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchOS 7.3.3

Loaded software update @11:00 pm to my Series 6 Watch with 100% battery level. Went to bed and on arising @ 6:00 am found only 9% battery strength after wearing Watch to sleep. Ran no app while sleeping. Am I the only one to experience significant battery drain?

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 10:31 AM

Thank you for your email response. Yes, it is as you denoted. After 48 hours my Watch battery no longer was draining as it was draining initially the first 24 hours after the software update. Apparently, as you denoted, the device was “re-indexing” the apps and data on the Apple Watch resulting in background activity and increasing battery usage. 

Again, thank you for your response.

Jerry W Doyle

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 10:31 AM in response to jdo_apple

Thank you for your email response. Yes, it is as you denoted. After 48 hours my Watch battery no longer was draining as it was draining initially the first 24 hours after the software update. Apparently, as you denoted, the device was “re-indexing” the apps and data on the Apple Watch resulting in background activity and increasing battery usage. 

Again, thank you for your response.

Jerry W Doyle

Apr 3, 2021 2:04 PM in response to jwdtcb

Hello, jwdtcb!

From your post, it sounds like you are looking for information about the battery on your Apple Watch. We're glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities. We want to try and help you find the answers you need.

What exact day was the watchOS software updated? Has it been longer than 48 hours? We ask because the device will re-index the apps and data on the Apple Watch, which could also result in background activity and increasing battery usage.

Also, check out this link with information about the Apple Watch Battery and Performance. You may also want to follow these steps for Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan on your Apple Watch. We hope this information helps you out.

Cheers!

WatchOS 7.3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.