Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Apple TV remotes at once?

Recently lost my Apple TV remote. It's nice a small, but I think sometimes TOO small.
Anyway, ordered two new ones (nice and shiny and slightly bigger) and the same day they arrived I found the old one (of course).

So I thought, that's okay...I like having more than one remote because I swap the Apple TV between my kitchen and my living room all the time and it would be nice to only worry about brining the box (as each room has spare cables).

But surprisingly the Apple TV only lets you keep one remote at a time. I understand the logic but I also understand the logic of making that an option - which it isn't.

It has a "learn" option but that doesn't appear to work with other remotes unless I unpair (?)

Is this a waste of time or can I have multiple Apple remotes or should I just return one of the two I bought?

AppleTV, Mac OS X (10.4.6), apple fan

Posted on Jul 30, 2010 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2010 7:42 AM

there should be nothing stopping you from using more than 1 appletv remote at the same time.

the only thing that may restrict the use of a second one is if you have paired the a remote to the appletv, thus making the appletv respond only to that one.
5 replies

Multiple Apple TV remotes at once?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.