Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Among Us Error Message

How to get among us to work with the new update

error messages are as followed

Failed

Something went wrong with creating your account. Please try again later.

(Error IOS AUTH FAIL)

Failed

Something went wrong with signing into your account .

Please try again later.

(Error MismatchedProductUserIDs)

this happens when I try to sign into amount is and make an account.

thanks Tacy

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 11:43 AM

Create a new ID (if necessary) and sign into iCloud using the same Apple ID on another Apple device/computer. You should then be able to sign in.

The maximum number of free accounts have been activated

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create        

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.    

Or contact Apple ID Support.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 11:43 AM in response to tayc67

Create a new ID (if necessary) and sign into iCloud using the same Apple ID on another Apple device/computer. You should then be able to sign in.

The maximum number of free accounts have been activated

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create        

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.    

Or contact Apple ID Support.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Apr 8, 2021 6:06 PM in response to gab112

Some things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

If necessary

Hard reset.        

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Restore - If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

Apr 20, 2021 8:55 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric, I am having this issue. Can you please explain it like I am five? I am trying to create an Among Us account.

I am running iOS 14.4.2 on an iPad Air 2.

When I open Among Us, I click on Account and then Sign In. The "Sign In with Apple" menu pops up and I can SEE the blue "Continue" button at the bottom, but before I can click it, it disappears. The only option I have to click is "Cancel." When I click, I get this message:

"Failed!

Something went wrong with signing into your account. Please try again later. (Error iOSAuthFail)"

I have restarted the iPad. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled. I've come back later. I've used my AppleID to sign in on my computer. Your previous suggestion said I need to create a brand new Apple ID with another email address, and sign out of my iPad, and then use the NEW Apple ID to sign in somewhere else, like my computer? And then, I go into my iPad and... sorry I am lost. I do not understand what you're asking me to do.... please help.

How can I fix this? Thank you :-)

Jun 30, 2021 1:30 PM in response to tayc67

I have a very similar to issue to all of you. When I click Sign In on Among Us, a popup appears saying "You need to sing in with your Apple ID in Settings" BUT I ALREADY AM! And then when I close the message, it says "Something went wrong with signing into your account. Please try again later (Error IOSAuthFail)" For some reason, the app doesn't pick up my Apple ID credentials.

I am SO surprised that there is such little info. on this online. I have an iPhone SE with every other app working fineyet Among Us has barely even acknowledged that there is an issue with authentication NOT just with Androids but with iPhone users also. And it's been a few months now since the update so it's not like this is just a traffic issue. This happens during all times of day and I would have never updated app had I know iPhone users were having problems and NOT just Android users.

And most of the solutions don't work for me. I'm 28, put in my correct b-day, and have no kid filters or anything. Without Free Chat, the game is NO FUN at all! And no, I'm not going through the hassle of creating a new Apple ID and potentially creating new problems. I tried reaching out to Innersloth and they said it wasn't an issue on their end and I'd have to speak with Apple.

Jul 6, 2021 5:26 PM in response to Jason0424

I have concluded for myself that this issue is related to having an Apple ID for a child under 13 (and having their DOB entered correctly in the profile, as opposed to a DOB the system sees as 13yrs or older). In Apple’s own support text, it states that Sign In with Apple ID is not available for accounts whose owners are under 13yrs old. InnerSloth really messed up on their development here.

Among Us Error Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.