Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased iPhone12mini in Nov2020, not able to access free year Apple TV+

Since Nov 2020 purchase of new iPhone12mini through T-Mobile, I have not been able to access the free year of Apple TV+. Each time I try to set up or subscribe, I am asked to pay the monthly $4.99 fee. I have tried most tips & tricks available through Google searches, but no luck. Is this an issue for Apple Support to allow access? I also have the full AppleCare+ as well if that makes any difference.

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 8:18 AM

I don't know what the original problem was but at this point you are beyond the 3 month time limit. You may want to contact Apple support to see if they will make an exception.

See the following from https://www.apple.com/promo/pdf/EN_US_ATV+_Promo_TandCs.pdf

Offer must be claimed in the Apple TV app within 3 months after first setting

up your new device. To see the offer appear, you will need to sign in with your

Apple ID on your new device. If you’ve purchased your new device before the

launch of Apple TV+ on November 1, you will have 3 months starting November

1 to redeem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 8:18 AM in response to jsell99

I don't know what the original problem was but at this point you are beyond the 3 month time limit. You may want to contact Apple support to see if they will make an exception.

See the following from https://www.apple.com/promo/pdf/EN_US_ATV+_Promo_TandCs.pdf

Offer must be claimed in the Apple TV app within 3 months after first setting

up your new device. To see the offer appear, you will need to sign in with your

Apple ID on your new device. If you’ve purchased your new device before the

launch of Apple TV+ on November 1, you will have 3 months starting November

1 to redeem.

Purchased iPhone12mini in Nov2020, not able to access free year Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.