Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac OS update

The latest version that can be updated for my imac 2013 is Catalina. But will there be further OS updates like Big Sur for the older imacs especially the 2013 one?

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 7:33 AM

No, there will be no upgrades for your Mac: Catalina is the latest version of macOS you will ever be able to install. Yet, you will occasionally receive security updates for Catalina when Apple finds it necessary. To give you an example, my old 2010 iMac can only support macOS High Sierra, yet I have received more than 5 security updates.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 7:33 AM in response to urkneecold

No, there will be no upgrades for your Mac: Catalina is the latest version of macOS you will ever be able to install. Yet, you will occasionally receive security updates for Catalina when Apple finds it necessary. To give you an example, my old 2010 iMac can only support macOS High Sierra, yet I have received more than 5 security updates.

imac OS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.