Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch fitness data not appearing on fitness app

Since today my fitness app is showing no data including heartbeat , steps that are usually gotten from the Apple Watch . Other apps work with the watch but not fitness . What can I do ?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 11:24 AM

I'm puzzled about why the Watch would work with other apps besides the Watch App.

Please try the following (instructions: How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support(:

1. On your Watch, restart your watch (not force restart) and see if the problem goes away
  2. If this fails. force restart the watch (press the crown and side button for at least 10 second until the Apple log shows up).
  3. If this fails, un-pair your watch (do not reset it to factory settings, just un-pair it): Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support. Then re-pair your watch: How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support
  4. If this fails. un-pair your Watch, delete the Watch app on your iPhone and re-download the Watch app from the App Store. Once the app installed, pair your Watch
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 11:24 AM in response to aAmy_C

I'm puzzled about why the Watch would work with other apps besides the Watch App.

Please try the following (instructions: How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support(:

1. On your Watch, restart your watch (not force restart) and see if the problem goes away
  2. If this fails. force restart the watch (press the crown and side button for at least 10 second until the Apple log shows up).
  3. If this fails, un-pair your watch (do not reset it to factory settings, just un-pair it): Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support. Then re-pair your watch: How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support
  4. If this fails. un-pair your Watch, delete the Watch app on your iPhone and re-download the Watch app from the App Store. Once the app installed, pair your Watch

Apple Watch fitness data not appearing on fitness app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.