Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Custom Album Art not sticking

After updating to Catalina I am unable to add custom album art via Get Info using drag and drop, copy and paste or direct navigation to the jpeg. It shows when placed, but when I hit OK and Get info closes, the artwork vanishes. This is an ongoing problem.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 2:31 PM

See Repair security permissions for iTunes/Music for Mac - Apple Community. Are you using AirPlay while editing the library?

tt2

5 replies

Apr 29, 2021 4:25 AM in response to Minorhero41

In my 840,000 plus song library, some art work shows on individual tracks say like in the back but in the front with viewing album sort and show album covers, the all album covers on music/music videos/movies are missing. Where is the folder in Big Sur where the link is missing? This is a major screwup from Apple and totally surprised they have not address this issues.

I upgraded from Mojave, to Catalina, to Big Sur. Luckily, all music, videos, and movies seam to been in their place except for the artwork not showing which for the many years have associated music with album covers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My music library is mostly mine and purchased on my own (840,000 plus songs and climbing)

Apple Music Custom Album Art not sticking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.