Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellphone overheating while charging

I have a Iphone 12 pro max and it's overheating when I charge it with my Mophie wireless charger and while it's charging in on the charging pad in my 2021 Hyundai Palisade. What do I do to fix this?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 2:40 PM

So you are seeing a temperature warning when your phone is charging, or you're assuming that because it is warm while being charged (which is normal, by the way) it is overheating? iPhone has circuitry to protect itself from overheating and you will be warned if it is too hot. It is normal for the phone to become warm while being charged. If you are not seeing a temperature warning, it's not likely your phone is overheating.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 2:40 PM in response to flournary

So you are seeing a temperature warning when your phone is charging, or you're assuming that because it is warm while being charged (which is normal, by the way) it is overheating? iPhone has circuitry to protect itself from overheating and you will be warned if it is too hot. It is normal for the phone to become warm while being charged. If you are not seeing a temperature warning, it's not likely your phone is overheating.

Cellphone overheating while charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.