Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes locked đź”’

I have went into my settings and changed my notes password but when I’m typing it in notes to unlock it, it’s still saying incorrect....help

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 5:20 AM

If you don't know the password that the note was locked with, you will not be able to regain access to that locked note.

Resetting the notes password makes it so that you can lock/unlock new notes, it does not give you access to your old notes.

Using Touch ID to unlock your notes is a convenience, it does not mean that you can forget the password.

Similarly you can unlock your iPhone with Touch ID, but if you forget your iPhone passcode then you'll wind up needing to restore your phone. Again, because Touch ID does not replace your passwords or passcodes.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2021 5:20 AM in response to nikkei81

If you don't know the password that the note was locked with, you will not be able to regain access to that locked note.

Resetting the notes password makes it so that you can lock/unlock new notes, it does not give you access to your old notes.

Using Touch ID to unlock your notes is a convenience, it does not mean that you can forget the password.

Similarly you can unlock your iPhone with Touch ID, but if you forget your iPhone passcode then you'll wind up needing to restore your phone. Again, because Touch ID does not replace your passwords or passcodes.

Apr 2, 2021 7:38 PM in response to nikkei81

If you have changed the password, in connection with you forgetting the old one, then the Notes that were locked before you changed the code are still locked to the old code.

If you reset the password and create a new one - then only the future notes will get the new password.

Notes locked đź”’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.