Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 Calendar Search Not Working

I own an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I have noticed the Calendar search used to search back one year (which was ridiculous, it should search back indefinitely), but with this new phone, it only searches back one week. This is absurd beyond all reason. Why does this calendar not search back more than one week?

And yes, before the script is read, I have iCloud for Calendar, I have sync back for ALL EVENTS. I had an 8 Plus up until a week ago and it searched back a year. This is a clear problem with the 12 Pro Max, or possibly the newest version of iOS that I downloaded 2 days ago (14.4.2)

Why does the Calendar not search back more than a week?

(Also, when I selected the Phone as the device this question is regarding, it has no option for iPhone 12, only up to 11 Pro Max.....wow Apple)

iPhone

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 12:19 AM

Where are calendar events stored? Not on iCloud?

You have not mentioned where your calendar events are? Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Refer to the pic below, you may get your answer

Which is your default calendar? Settings > Calendar > Default Calendar

Settings > Calendar > Sync > [All Events] - Watch the GIF below

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2021 12:19 AM in response to THigginsWx

Where are calendar events stored? Not on iCloud?

You have not mentioned where your calendar events are? Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Refer to the pic below, you may get your answer

Which is your default calendar? Settings > Calendar > Default Calendar

Settings > Calendar > Sync > [All Events] - Watch the GIF below

Apr 3, 2021 12:56 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for the screenshots. I use iCloud for my Calendars. All of them. I don't use anything else, I have not merged the calendars with Google mail or any other application. I also have ALL events synced. Every event is on the Calendar, for the last 10 years, that is not the problem. It's searching the Calendar for events that is an issue.

On my iMac, I can search back indefinitely. On the phone, it's 1-year. I fixed the issue of only searching back 1 week. I just toggled off icloud for Calendars, kept the calendars on my phone, then toggled iCloud Calendar back on. NOW I can search back 1-year, not just 7-10 days.

This is a ridiculous glitch that has been around for 2-3 years. Only being able to search back 1-year has been around since iOS 12 I believe. If you know a way to fix this let me know!

***Attaching some pictures of this glitch, I will show what happens when I search "Oil Change" in my calendar for my iPhone 12 Pro Max and my iMac....both have all the same calendar data and events. The iMac will search ALL past events, no matter how long ago. The iPhone will only go back 1-year

iOS 14 Calendar Search Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.