Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Xbox Controller with MacBook on Steam Games

I want to play Steam games using an Xbox controller on my MacBook. Pro. I have the latest MacOS update and can pair the controller to the MacBook with ease, but, when I try to install the latest driver from steam (which are required to play Steam games), the MacOS prevents me from downloading files from an unknown source even though I gave Steam access to my disk space using System Preferences. How can I download this driver?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 8:32 AM

At this point this app appears to be incompatible with the version of macOS running on your Mac or macOS will not allow it to run due to security issues. I don't believe it to be the latter case. I would suggest that you contact Steam Support to see if there is a newer (or older) version that would work. Good luck!

Another option would be to create a new user account on your Mac, log out of your existing account, and then, log back in with the new account. Once logged in, try installing this driver again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 8:32 AM in response to Captain0877

At this point this app appears to be incompatible with the version of macOS running on your Mac or macOS will not allow it to run due to security issues. I don't believe it to be the latter case. I would suggest that you contact Steam Support to see if there is a newer (or older) version that would work. Good luck!

Another option would be to create a new user account on your Mac, log out of your existing account, and then, log back in with the new account. Once logged in, try installing this driver again.

Using Xbox Controller with MacBook on Steam Games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.