Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login to google from safari won’t work

So I go to safari and get on to google to the login screen , I input my google username ,then before I get to put my password in I get this eternal pause like it’s trying to go but it just stays dormant , how can I fix this issue ?

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 2:34 PM

A few things to try, which may or may not help in this undetailed issue-statement

could be re-start in Safe mode; that may take up to 15+ minutes. It checks macOS

and can repair some items, without telling you what they may be. Read carefully.

• How to use Safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Another, may be to restart in Recovery and use the disk utility found there to repair

your Mac storage. - Or - if your Mac is an Intel-or-Silicon product, try hold 'Opt' key

on restart and select from disk items that should appear on the screen.. There may

a 'Recovery-named one' marked specific to your Mac and its present startup system.

You could try and use that, to gain access to a recovery independent that is unmounted

and not part of the running macOS. This can work; to repair things and to avoid reinstall.

I'd try Safe mode first; you'd login with Admin password and a red letter Safe mode start

wording will appear in upper right margin. Generally the screen may blink and act slow.

When it's done or you find little else to do there, restart normally. Give this about an hour.

This may self-fix any of the underlying causes of symptoms. ~Or, try another browser. If you

have one that Gmail can use; some may not be a good match; or other issues are at work.

PS: if you haven't set up Apple Mail, or have issues with Google Mail a few replies that

may or may not help (with links) are in this thread. "how can i receive email in Mac"

Since you've not detailed anything helpful, I'll leave this here.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2021 2:34 PM in response to Curtisaustin420

A few things to try, which may or may not help in this undetailed issue-statement

could be re-start in Safe mode; that may take up to 15+ minutes. It checks macOS

and can repair some items, without telling you what they may be. Read carefully.

• How to use Safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Another, may be to restart in Recovery and use the disk utility found there to repair

your Mac storage. - Or - if your Mac is an Intel-or-Silicon product, try hold 'Opt' key

on restart and select from disk items that should appear on the screen.. There may

a 'Recovery-named one' marked specific to your Mac and its present startup system.

You could try and use that, to gain access to a recovery independent that is unmounted

and not part of the running macOS. This can work; to repair things and to avoid reinstall.

I'd try Safe mode first; you'd login with Admin password and a red letter Safe mode start

wording will appear in upper right margin. Generally the screen may blink and act slow.

When it's done or you find little else to do there, restart normally. Give this about an hour.

This may self-fix any of the underlying causes of symptoms. ~Or, try another browser. If you

have one that Gmail can use; some may not be a good match; or other issues are at work.

PS: if you haven't set up Apple Mail, or have issues with Google Mail a few replies that

may or may not help (with links) are in this thread. "how can i receive email in Mac"

Since you've not detailed anything helpful, I'll leave this here.

Login to google from safari won’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.