You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I open text message with one tap on Lock Screen?

On my iPhone 12 Pro, when I get a text message, on the Lock Screen, I just tap the preview and the phone unlocks and takes me to the message.

But on my mom’s iPhone XR, if I tap the preview on the Lock Screen, the preview slides to the right revealing an Open button.

How do I make her text message open automatically without seeing an Open button?

if this helps, my phone is locked by face. Hers is not locked at all (just swipe up to open the phone).

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 10:56 AM

Hello there, BretLeduc!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That's a great question you have about accessing text mnessages on your Lock Screen. Check out this article to Access features from the iPhone Lock Screen:

"Show notification previews on the Lock Screen

1. Go to Settings  > Notifications.
  2. Tap Show Previews, then tap Always.

Notification previews include text from Messages, lines from Mail messages, and details about Calendar invitations. See View and respond to notifications on iPhone."

Let us know the results and have a wonderful day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2021 10:56 AM in response to BretLeduc

Hello there, BretLeduc!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That's a great question you have about accessing text mnessages on your Lock Screen. Check out this article to Access features from the iPhone Lock Screen:

"Show notification previews on the Lock Screen

1. Go to Settings  > Notifications.
  2. Tap Show Previews, then tap Always.

Notification previews include text from Messages, lines from Mail messages, and details about Calendar invitations. See View and respond to notifications on iPhone."

Let us know the results and have a wonderful day!

How do I open text message with one tap on Lock Screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.