Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't add friends on Find My iPhone

I can’t use “find my” on my iphone. I can’t add friends and they can’t add me. When i want to turn off “share my location” or “add friends” i can’t even click on it, it is some sort of grey. If I go on my ipad, i do can use the app and buttons but it doesn’t change anything, i can add a friend but they cant see me, they dont even get the invitation. Can somebody help me?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 2:59 PM

Hi everyone. Ive got in contact with apple support and it turns out.... Restrictions were turned on. Now its all set and find my works!!

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 4, 2021 2:55 PM in response to dion163

Hi dion163, 

It sounds like Find My Friends isn't working. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities. Let's see if this helps.

Ensure that you have the most recent edition of Find My Friends installed on your iPhone. Here's how to How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Then check Find My Friends on the System Status page for issues.

If the issue remains, let's follow the steps in If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open. The troubleshooting in it will commonly fix issues of apps not working correctly on your iPhone. 

There are some additional steps you can try under "Get help sending and receiving location requests" at: If Find My Friends isn't working - Apple Support

If the issue continues after following those steps, let us know what steps you had a chance to complete from the above advice. 

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

I can't add friends on Find My iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.