Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plug in folders are missing

First time in the forum...very new beginner. Please, please excuse my "newbie-ness".

First...I am on the trial version.

I followed a tutorial on how to install a plugin for Final Cut. I get all the way to finding the motion templates folder. When I open this folder it is empty. There is no transition folder, or any other folders to move the transition file or any other new files (effects or whatever) into.

I tried to make my own folders to move the files into. That did NOT work. In fact, it seemed to crash the app and I lost all that I was working on. I removed the file folders I created and restarted the Mac and everything is working again.

However, I cannot download any plug ins. Do I need to buy the program? I'm probably going to anyway, so not a problem. BUT, I kinda need to know what I'm doing wrong. Especially since plug ins seem to be the way to go.

Thank you anyone for your help and guidance!

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 2:48 PM

How to install plugins for FCP

https://fcpxtemplates.com/installing-plugins-for-fcpx/

Courtesy of frequent contributor Fox Mahoney. Check out his plug ins. 

Similar questions

1 reply

Plug in folders are missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.