Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Archived mail

I accidentally archived an important email, and I can’t find the archived folder. What do I do?

Thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 4:51 PM

Hi thank you for your reply!

The problem that I have is that I don’t see the archived folder. I have the phone in Hungarian but in Hungarian archived means “archivált”, and I can’t find that folder. I opened every single one of them and didn’t see the email. I will take a photo of it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 4:51 PM in response to brianj123

Hi thank you for your reply!

The problem that I have is that I don’t see the archived folder. I have the phone in Hungarian but in Hungarian archived means “archivált”, and I can’t find that folder. I opened every single one of them and didn’t see the email. I will take a photo of it.

Apr 6, 2021 5:14 AM in response to lili190

Thanks for following up. What happens if you check the "All Mail" folder, do your archive emails show up in there? Since this is a Gmail account, what happens if you log in to your Gmail account from a web browser? Do you see an Archive or All Mail folder in the web browser that contains those emails? If you don't find the folder or emails in your web browser, you may want to reach out to Google or Gmail help to inquire further on how Archived emails behave in Gmail.

Take Care!

Apr 5, 2021 5:58 AM in response to lili190

Hello lili190,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are looking for some help with retrieving an archived email on your iPhone. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

When you open the Mail app on your iPhone, tap Mailboxes in the top left corner of the screen to view all of your mailboxes, then tap on the Archive mailbox to view all of your archived emails. You could also try viewing that email account in a web browser to see if you can locate the archived email there. If this an iCloud email account, try visiting www.iCloud.com and logging in with your Apple ID and clicking the Archive folder in the sidebar.

We hope this information helps.

Best Regards.

Archived mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.