Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete iMessages from only my iPad?

Can I delete the iMessages app from an iPad? I’m setting one up for my grandson but do not want him to see my texts.

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 10:34 AM

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). 

You would be best advised to separate your digital identities and configure a new AppleID for other users. If setting-up AppleID for a minor, you should set-up Family Sharing first - and create the AppleID for your grandchild from there.

Your grandchild should have their own AppleID - in fact, every user should have their own AppleID. This is essential to maintain intended separation of activities and to avoid unintended sharing of sensitive and data. Done properly, you’ll not have any issues with your content being visible to others, or content related to your child appearing on your own devices.

You may find this information to be helpful with setting-up an AppleID for a minor - and considering appropriate controls:

Apple for Kids - Official Apple Support

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child – Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 10:34 AM in response to donnag3333

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). 

You would be best advised to separate your digital identities and configure a new AppleID for other users. If setting-up AppleID for a minor, you should set-up Family Sharing first - and create the AppleID for your grandchild from there.

Your grandchild should have their own AppleID - in fact, every user should have their own AppleID. This is essential to maintain intended separation of activities and to avoid unintended sharing of sensitive and data. Done properly, you’ll not have any issues with your content being visible to others, or content related to your child appearing on your own devices.

You may find this information to be helpful with setting-up an AppleID for a minor - and considering appropriate controls:

Apple for Kids - Official Apple Support

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child – Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Can I delete iMessages from only my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.