Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm working on an older macbook using os x yosemite version 10.10.5 How can I update the os?

I'm working on an older macbook using os x yosemite version 10.10.5 How can I update the os?

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 4:58 PM

You can get to at least 10.11, and possibly later.

Your upgrade options are determined by the Mac model and year.

Here’s the general info, and links to specific upgrades: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Use only Safari to access the macOS upgrade kit downloads.

3 replies

Apr 25, 2021 12:51 PM in response to jalal220

jalal220 wrote:

Q: I'm working on an older macbook using os x yosemite version 10.10.5 How can I update the os?

You can get to at least 10.11, and possibly later.

Your upgrade options are determined by the Mac model and year.

If you post the MacBook model year, somebody here can then tell you your available upgrades.

Click on the following blue text for general info, and links to specific upgrades, and supported Mac details:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Use only Safari to access the macOS upgrade kit downloads.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.