Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Force restart on my new MacBook Air M1

I was wondering if anyone can provide any insight into the kernel panics I have been observing on brand new MBP M1. The screen flashes purple and green and then the computer instantly restarts. This is the second time now that I've faced this issue and was wondering what this is about.

Error log:

panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffe001e4a8a38): "busy timeout[0], (60s): 'IOBluetoothRFCOMMChannelUserClient'"

Have a look at the complete error log attached.

Thanks.

** Stackshot Succeeded ** Bytes Traced 290363 (Uncompressed 716144) **

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 3:37 AM

Error Report and Crash Reports sometimes may or may not give a hint as to the possible issue. Except of one is a Software Engineer from Apple.

First thing notice as your your Profile - MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1 - Can you verify the version of Big Sur as there have been additional updates since 11.1. The current version is 11.2.3 and may or may not resolve the crashes

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 3:37 AM in response to ruchit_rajhansa

Error Report and Crash Reports sometimes may or may not give a hint as to the possible issue. Except of one is a Software Engineer from Apple.

First thing notice as your your Profile - MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1 - Can you verify the version of Big Sur as there have been additional updates since 11.1. The current version is 11.2.3 and may or may not resolve the crashes

Force restart on my new MacBook Air M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.