Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock, purchase receipt is lost.

I removed my ipad from device list and did data reset on it. Now my device shows activation lock. I dont have any purchase details with me now as I had bought it in 2016. In fact the store where I bought it from also does not maintain purchase record for more than 2 years. Is there any other way to get it unlocked or restore old account ?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 8:03 AM

Apple won't unlock it unless you provide a copy of the purchase receipt with the serial number on it. The only other way to get it unlocked is to recover the old account.

See if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple    An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find              

If you forgot the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get an email option if necessary.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 8:03 AM in response to sumit9881

Apple won't unlock it unless you provide a copy of the purchase receipt with the serial number on it. The only other way to get it unlocked is to recover the old account.

See if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple    An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find              

If you forgot the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get an email option if necessary.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

Activation lock, purchase receipt is lost.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.