Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I am trying to install OS X but I got the message OS X could not be installed on your computer. No packages were eligible for install?

Hi I am trying to install OS X but I got the message OS X could not be installed on your computer. No packages were eligible for install?

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 7:56 AM

Delete the old OSX/macOS installer app in your Applications folder and download a current version from the web site in this link:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

- You may find you need to use Safari to get links for High Sierra and later using the Mac App Store application to open a functioning page.

- Sierra, El Capitan, and Yosemite download as a .pkg. Click on this to have a converted version placed in your Applications folder as an "Install OS..." application. Run the installer and follow the directions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 7:56 AM in response to kik_Egaa

Delete the old OSX/macOS installer app in your Applications folder and download a current version from the web site in this link:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

- You may find you need to use Safari to get links for High Sierra and later using the Mac App Store application to open a functioning page.

- Sierra, El Capitan, and Yosemite download as a .pkg. Click on this to have a converted version placed in your Applications folder as an "Install OS..." application. Run the installer and follow the directions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.