Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up won’t go away

I have this pop up asking if I want to allow this device to access photos and videos when I plugged it into my computer. I then must have unplugged before clicking don’t allow and now the pop up will not go away or allow me access to use my phone in any manner. Not sure how to go about fixing this. I can’t even turn the phone off because it won’t let me use the slide bar at the top.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 11:48 AM

1. Press the volume up button, then quickly release.
  2. Press the volume down button, then quickly release.
  3. Hold down the power button until you see the Apple logo appear.
  4. Wait for your phone to power on.
2 replies

Apr 5, 2021 8:42 AM in response to Brigor124

Try a hard restart by following the instructions "If your screen is black or frozen" in the following article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Now, which device/app is trying to access your photos/videos? It could be perfectly legitimate but you still need to be careful. Please let us know the app requesting access, or, better, post a screenshot (without any personal informations) of the prompt you are getting. The more info we get, the better we are in a position to help you.

Pop up won’t go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.