You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trusted phone number

Hi, I just buy this phone and when I was trying to use my Apple ID it wanted to get a code from the trusted phone number but that is a number I can’t use anymore. Could you help me unlocking my Apple ID and use a new number?

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 12:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 12:12 PM

To see how to 'Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication', click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT204974 - "Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device." Instructions at the end about what to do if you don't have any other trusted devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2021 12:12 PM in response to Axcelglz99

To see how to 'Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication', click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT204974 - "Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device." Instructions at the end about what to do if you don't have any other trusted devices.

Trusted phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.