Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple microphones giving feedback

All my microphones are giving feedback from input monitoring and I can’t figure out how to isolate the sound to just one microphone. Even if I have a keyboard selected and no microphone selected, I am still able to hear every single microphone’s input monitoring through my headphones. I don’t know what may have caused this, but only want to hear one microphone at a time.

Anyone have any suggestions?

PS. It’s not my audio interface, I’ve tried unplugging it and I still experience the same problem.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 12:41 PM

10 replies

Apr 5, 2021 3:25 PM in response to EddieGrey

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the prompt replies.

Eddie G: When I tried your method, I was not able to hear any sound at all from the microphones. So unfortunately that didn’t solve my issue.

Pancenter: I was hoping your method would help, but it didn’t seem to do anything. For better clarification, when I originally unplugged the audio interface, the internal microphone (built-in) went into use and I still had the same problem - which was the feedback from multiple vocal tracks.

I included a picture to better demonstrate what is happening. As you can see, I’m picking up audio from audio tracks that aren’t even selected.

No matter what instrument or vocal is selected, the other audio tracks are always “on” and giving feedback. I can try to work around this by muting every vocal, but logic is still processing all the vocals at once and I’ve been receiving error messaging for system overload.

Apr 5, 2021 3:29 PM in response to Pancenter

Pancenter: I was hoping your method would help, but it didn’t seem to do anything. For better clarification, when I originally unplugged the audio interface, the internal microphone (built-in) went into use and I still had the same problem - which was the feedback from multiple vocal tracks.

I included a picture to better demonstrate what is happening. As you can see, I’m picking up audio from audio tracks that aren’t even selected.

No matter what instrument or vocal is selected, the other audio tracks are always “on” and giving feedback. I can try to work around this by muting every vocal, but logic is still processing all the vocals at once and I’ve been receiving error messaging for system overload.

Apr 5, 2021 3:03 PM in response to YungTransfer

How can all your microphones give you feedback if you've unplugged your Audio Interface?

Separate the two audio systems. Go to the Computer's System Preferences/Sound. Set the Input and Output to built-in audio, set the input volume to 0 <zero>.

Now, go to Logic's Preferences/Audio and set both Input and Output devices yo your Audio Interface, you will monitor through your Audio Interface...

Any difference?

Multiple microphones giving feedback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.