Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep background games running

I’m new to the iPhone. Playing Roblox or Pokémon go on it sucks so far. I get one message or phone call and the game goes to background. The game will close out. I can’t get the Pokémon go watch to work because the game closes. I can’t even answer an alarm going off on my phone without the game closing.

How do I stop this? My Samsung never did this. If I can’t find a solution I’m going to have to carry my old Samsung phone with me everywhere to play games. Then just use this I phone for a hot spot.

if there is no fix for this then I will never buy a n iPhone again. You would think that in 2021 we would have whatever setting I need to have be standard.

I read in another comment that they needed the memory for the iOS. Another person said the game had to be programmed that way. All I gotta say is the Samsung could do this feature just fine. So I don’t believe it’s a memory or programming of the game issue.

Thanks in advance

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 10:35 AM

Hello Karmaskarma,

It sounds as though games are reloading upon returning to the game after answering a phone all, or switching to a different application. If so, this can vary on the game, and on settings you have enabled on your iPhone. If you don't have Background App Refresh enabled for that application that can require apps to reload when closing, and accessing a different application. You can find more information about Background App Refresh in the following article.

Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Some apps may continue to refresh depending on the time frame of which have passed since last using the app. For more information about that time frame it would be recommended to contact the app developer. You can locate their contact information using the steps in the article below.

How to contact an app developer

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 10:35 AM in response to Karmaskarma

Hello Karmaskarma,

It sounds as though games are reloading upon returning to the game after answering a phone all, or switching to a different application. If so, this can vary on the game, and on settings you have enabled on your iPhone. If you don't have Background App Refresh enabled for that application that can require apps to reload when closing, and accessing a different application. You can find more information about Background App Refresh in the following article.

Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Some apps may continue to refresh depending on the time frame of which have passed since last using the app. For more information about that time frame it would be recommended to contact the app developer. You can locate their contact information using the steps in the article below.

How to contact an app developer

Have a great day!

Keep background games running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.