Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello I'm trying to remove and stop receiving text message from my cell to my computer

Trying to stop or remove from getting my text messages off my laptop. My kids share computer and some how they are also getting into my messages

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 2:44 PM

Go to Settings/Messages/text message forwarding and turn off your computer. Also go to Settings[your name]/iCloud and turn off messages.

Perhaps your kids should have their own user accounts on your computer. That is another way to deal with this. That will keep your content and theirs separated on the computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 2:44 PM in response to Shill209

Go to Settings/Messages/text message forwarding and turn off your computer. Also go to Settings[your name]/iCloud and turn off messages.

Perhaps your kids should have their own user accounts on your computer. That is another way to deal with this. That will keep your content and theirs separated on the computer.

Hello I'm trying to remove and stop receiving text message from my cell to my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.