You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update

Started the update and now it seems to be stuck on verifying update. How do I get it to move on and complete the update? It has been doing the same thing for about 45 minutes.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 8:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 8:54 PM

Requirements to start and install an Update on an iPhone-

• The phone must be charged to over 50%
  • Low Power Mode must be OFF
  • You cannot be connected through VPN
  • You must have a Wi-Fi connection (not cellular)
  • You should plug in the phone or put it to charge to assure it stays on and connected to Wi-Fi.

Axel F.

3 replies

Apr 5, 2021 9:36 PM in response to aapatterson

aapatterson Said:

"Software Update: Started the update and now it seems to be stuck on verifying update. How do I get it to move on and complete the update? It has been doing the same thing for about 45 minutes."

-------

To Update your iPhone:

Use the iPhone itself or a computer (a Mac or a PC even) to Update it. There are two important steps: Backup first then Update.

1. Backup First: Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer. That way you can have something to restore you iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the update installation.

2. Then, Update Using Links:

Disable Cellular when updating on the iPhone (to avoid disconnection from Apple's Server):

Apr 5, 2021 9:35 PM in response to aapatterson

aapatterson Said:

"Software Update: Started the update and now it seems to be stuck on verifying update. How do I get it to move on and complete the update? It has been doing the same thing for about 45 minutes."

-------

What's your iOS Vision?:

I see you have an iPhone 7 with iOS14. Note that iOS14.5 is the highest you can go. So, see if that is what is installed.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: About
  4. View: Software Version
  5. If 14.5 is shown, then the iOS can not go any more farther.

Software Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.