Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my active calories so far off? I feel like my watch is not counting my active calories again. Recently my count has been extremely low.

Apple Watch, watchOS 3

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 4:55 AM

Just by looking at the heart rate graph you look to have been working harder and maintaining a higher heart rate throughout in the second screen shot so that would naturally entail a higher calorie burn.

But check your personal information is up to date in the health App.

Height, weight, age, sex

Reset your fitness calibration data

From your iPhone>Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data>Tap this

You will just get a confirmation box that tells you that your metrics will not be as good if you do this.

Tap confirm and do it. You will get nothing else, no confirmation but it is done.

Then go for a 20 minute outdoor run or walk using the workout app at your normal speed on a flat road/path etc

This will re-calibrate the watch

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 4:55 AM in response to shantal164

Just by looking at the heart rate graph you look to have been working harder and maintaining a higher heart rate throughout in the second screen shot so that would naturally entail a higher calorie burn.

But check your personal information is up to date in the health App.

Height, weight, age, sex

Reset your fitness calibration data

From your iPhone>Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data>Tap this

You will just get a confirmation box that tells you that your metrics will not be as good if you do this.

Tap confirm and do it. You will get nothing else, no confirmation but it is done.

Then go for a 20 minute outdoor run or walk using the workout app at your normal speed on a flat road/path etc

This will re-calibrate the watch

Why are my active calories so far off? I feel like my watch is not counting my active calories again. Recently my count has been extremely low.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.