Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot save preferences on icloud.com

Hi:

When I go to change my signature or any of the settings in the preferences menu on icloud.com, I keep getting an error message that says, "Cannot save preferences". (see screenshot below). This has been happening for about a month.

I tried logging out, clearing the browser cache, using a different browser, still have the issue.

I am using a Windows 10 64-bit Laptop, Firefox 87.0, and Chrome 89.0.4389.114.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the help in advance.

-Nathan

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 12:46 PM

Hi:

Thanks for the reply.

Seems like it's working now. Not sure what happened or changed but, I just went into the preferences settings again today and tried again on the same computer and Firefox and was able to save the changes. Changed the settings twice and worked.

-Nathan

2 replies

Apr 7, 2021 8:35 AM in response to nathanmarkley

Hello nathanmarkley,

Thanks for the post! It looks like you've been running into some issues changing preferences for email on the iCloud website, and you've done some great troubleshooting already. We'd like to see how we can further assist!

Knowing that the issue occurs in multiple browsers is helpful information. By any chance, are you using any security software on your PC? If so, try temporarily disabling it and test making those changes again. Does that help?

If not, to rule out the possibility of issues on the account end, try making the same changes from a different computer. Does the same thing occur?

Let us know! Take care.

Cannot save preferences on icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.