Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to use fast charge on iphone 12 or can I use my old usb to lightening

Can I use usb to lightening on I phone 12 without hurting battery

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 9:55 AM

You don't have to use wireless charging or the mag safe charger if you don't want to.

The iPhone will fast charge which any charger you use that is 18 watts or greater.

If your charger is less than 18 watts it will not fast charge, but also will not hurt the iPhone in any way.

The USB to lightning cable does not in any way prevent fast charging as long as the charger brick delivers enough power for it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 9:55 AM in response to Ken675

You don't have to use wireless charging or the mag safe charger if you don't want to.

The iPhone will fast charge which any charger you use that is 18 watts or greater.

If your charger is less than 18 watts it will not fast charge, but also will not hurt the iPhone in any way.

The USB to lightning cable does not in any way prevent fast charging as long as the charger brick delivers enough power for it.

Do I have to use fast charge on iphone 12 or can I use my old usb to lightening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.