Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad storage

I have an iPad 2 with 32 go storage. It’s telling me that my storage is full and won’t allow updates. It has already off loaded most of my apps. Reviewing the usage, I discovered that “systems” is using 6 gbs and “other” is using over 20 gbs. Apparently whatever is in “ other” is being used by “systems”. Other than buying another iPad, what can I do?

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 11:47 AM

Always be sure to restart device after deletions. See these links for storage problems...

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies

Apr 6, 2021 5:29 PM in response to mack1944

Can you confirm what year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on aluminium back of your iPad in small print right under the larger bold print “iPad”.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

Ipad storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.