Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I do a iCloud backup

How do I backup my iPhone 8 Plus?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 11:53 AM

levisa wrote:

How do I backup my iPhone 8 Plus?

Click here How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 6, 2021 11:56 AM in response to levisa

Open Settings and tap on your name at the top, then tap iCloud. Scroll down to iCloud Backup and tap on it, then turn it on. From now on, if you plug in your phone overnight to charge, while it is connected to Wi-Fi it will back up automatically each night when the phone is locked. You can also back up manually by tapping Back Up Now.

You get 5 GB of iCloud storage free for backups or syncing. If you need more you can expand that to 50GB for 99¢ a month, or to larger capacities for a little more. To add capacity open Settings and tap on your name at the top, then tap iCloud, then Manage Storage/Change Storage Plan and choose the amount you need. It will be charged to your iTunes & App Store account each month. You may not need as much as you think, because the backup only contains data that isn’t stored elsewhere, primarily app data. Apps themselves are redownloaded when you restore a backup, and are thus not included in the backup.

How do I do a iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.