Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My brother passed away and I have his iPhone and Mac but do not have the passwords. What can I do to access them?

My brother passed away and I have his Mac and IPhone but do not have his passwords. How do I go about accessing them?

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 6:57 PM

Apple needs to see a copy of the death certificate and a copy of the will or a document that shows you inherited it.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support.    

2 replies

Apr 6, 2021 12:11 PM in response to JKJ1949

JKJ1949 Said:

"HMy brother passed away and I have his Mac and iPhone but do not have his password. How do I go about accessing them?

———-

You don’t. Apple does it.

Contact Apple Support, and request support on this. You’d probably need a death certificate or sorts. Then, maybe they can modify it all.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

My brother passed away and I have his iPhone and Mac but do not have the passwords. What can I do to access them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.