Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my friends setup

Trying to share locations with a friend. My app shows the friend with the note “can see your location, invitation sent”. But friend has not received anything and can not see my location. Same thing is happening from his side. What is wrong?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 4:34 PM

You must have sent the request to their registered Apple ID mail.

I found that if I sent invitations from Find My Friends to my family but used their phone numbers, the invitation would never arrive. It appeared on my phone as sent, waiting for their acceptance, but they had never received the invitation.

If I sent the invitation, to their Apple ID registered mail address, then they received the invitation.

Insert their Apple ID mail into their contact and try adding them again from Find My Friends.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 4:34 PM in response to Hnf45

You must have sent the request to their registered Apple ID mail.

I found that if I sent invitations from Find My Friends to my family but used their phone numbers, the invitation would never arrive. It appeared on my phone as sent, waiting for their acceptance, but they had never received the invitation.

If I sent the invitation, to their Apple ID registered mail address, then they received the invitation.

Insert their Apple ID mail into their contact and try adding them again from Find My Friends.

Find my friends setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.