Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with Calendar on Big Sur

I have the latest version of Big Sur on my iMac and just recently I have been having a problem when I launch calendar is comes up with " Couldn't move your calendars to iCloud because and error occurred. make sure you're connected to internet and try again." there are two buttons " Try again now" and "try again later" which ever button you tick it goes into an endless loop and you have to force quit to get out of the loop. I have already removed all my "calendars" except for three on both the iMac and my iPhone but still the problem exists and I have rebooted both devices numerous times. Does anybody have a solution for my problem? many thanks Bruce.

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 3:07 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 7, 2021 10:48 AM in response to brucefromglebe

Hello, Bruce!

After reviewing your post, it seems like you are running into some issues with your Mac calendar app. We definitely understand that not being able to manage your calendars as expected can be a concern and we'd love to help. Let’s start our investigation by determining exactly when this happens. First, test for this behavior in safe mode: Start up your Mac in safe mode.

Next, see if this behavior persists in a second user account on your Mac. If you don't have one you can use, please follow these steps to make a test account that can be deleted later: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

Apr 7, 2021 1:53 PM in response to brucefromglebe

Thanks for getting back with us, Bruce. Just to clarify, the same behavior occurs in both safe mode and on a second user account? We want to make sure of that, as this will take the troubleshooting in a different direction.

Also, is your Mac backed up to Time Machine or another source? When did this issue begin? Do you remember any software or hardware changes that took place right before the issue started? For example: new apps installed or deleted, physical changes to the device, software updates, etc? Are you able to test your Mac on a different network?

Shoot us over a reply when you have a moment, with these answers, and we can continue. Thanks and take care.

problem with Calendar on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.