Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re store old iPad that was stolen

need to retrieve the information from stolen ipad. i used to have it stored with my icloud devices but i so how deleted it. is there anyway i can retrieve it

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 6:37 AM

Unless you are able to unlock the iPad with its Passcode, you will not be able to access any locally stored data.

The iPad uses an encrypted filesystem for which the encryption key, necessary to access the encrypted data, is securely stored in the iPad “security chip” (the Secure Enclave). The iPad Passcode unlocks the Secure Enclave and releases the encryption keys.

As such, locally stored data is beyond reach. If you have a pre-existing iCloud or iTunes backup, you can restore your data to your iPad. If you don’t have a backup, your data has been lost.

To restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup, see:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 6:37 AM in response to lauraespillane

Unless you are able to unlock the iPad with its Passcode, you will not be able to access any locally stored data.

The iPad uses an encrypted filesystem for which the encryption key, necessary to access the encrypted data, is securely stored in the iPad “security chip” (the Secure Enclave). The iPad Passcode unlocks the Secure Enclave and releases the encryption keys.

As such, locally stored data is beyond reach. If you have a pre-existing iCloud or iTunes backup, you can restore your data to your iPad. If you don’t have a backup, your data has been lost.

To restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup, see:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Re store old iPad that was stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.