Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to install GarageBand on Catalina - where is the download link? Is there a way?

Hi there

I purchased an older MacBook Pro and want to install GarageBand on Catalina. Anyone have a download link or ideas?

Thanks

SMK

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 7:17 AM

GarageBand is only available from the AppStore, since Apple moved it to the AppStore. All download links to updaters have been removed from Apple'S download page.

And you can only purchase applications from the App Store, if the App Store still offers a compatible version for your system. On older system versions you can only reinstall applications you purchased previously.

if you ever purchased GarageBand from the AppSore with your AppleID, and you are seeing it in your Purchase list (the fourth tab of the AppStore) you should be able to reinstall it from the Purchase tab.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 7:17 AM in response to sandz

GarageBand is only available from the AppStore, since Apple moved it to the AppStore. All download links to updaters have been removed from Apple'S download page.

And you can only purchase applications from the App Store, if the App Store still offers a compatible version for your system. On older system versions you can only reinstall applications you purchased previously.

if you ever purchased GarageBand from the AppSore with your AppleID, and you are seeing it in your Purchase list (the fourth tab of the AppStore) you should be able to reinstall it from the Purchase tab.

I need to install GarageBand on Catalina - where is the download link? Is there a way?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.