Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting apps

How can I delete purchased apps from the app store?

I know how to remove an app from my phone screen but I also want to remove it from the cloud. When I go to the app store and search for the apps, even though I deleted an app, the app will have the iCloud symbol next to it instead of saying "Get". How can I permanently delete apps off my phone, iCloud and App store?

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 8:41 AM

Sorry, you cannot. Those purchases are a record for Apple own's financial and tax records. Yet you can hide the purchases on your devices (but I'm sure you know that already): Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 14, 2021 12:43 PM in response to karuna211

I have the same problem. I can no longer use my banking apps. I uninstall them and reinstall them, still the cloud is using the wrong passwords and I can't get online banking. So, I don't allow them in the cloud anymore? When I reinstall, it comes from the cloud containing wrong information. How do we permanently delete these apps??? There has to be a way

Deleting apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.