Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch messages

My Apple Watch messages will not sync with my phone. I have to physically review every message on my watch in order to get it marked as read on my watch. If I view a message on my watch, it will be marked as read on my phone. Is there a settings I can change?

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 9:43 PM

Best to doublecheck that sync and mirroring is active on both devices. Open the Watch app and scroll to Messages and toggle off Mirror my iPhone. On the iPhone, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and toggle off Messages. Then reboot both devices. After reboot, re-enable Messages mirroring both in iPhone and the Apple Watch and give it a little time for the sync to take place.

Would that make a difference?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2021 9:43 PM in response to Setha190

Best to doublecheck that sync and mirroring is active on both devices. Open the Watch app and scroll to Messages and toggle off Mirror my iPhone. On the iPhone, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and toggle off Messages. Then reboot both devices. After reboot, re-enable Messages mirroring both in iPhone and the Apple Watch and give it a little time for the sync to take place.

Would that make a difference?

Apple Watch messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.