Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am moving my photos library to the airport to free up space on the macbook on mac os big sur. The transfer gets stuck after every some gb with the error that I dont have permission to move this photo/photos. HELP.

i am moving my photos library to the airport to free up space on the macbook on mac os big sur. The transfer gets stuck after every some gb with the error that I dont have permission to move this photo/photos. HELP.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 7:48 AM

A photos Library needs to be on a locally mounted volume, not on a network share. It will not work, unless the Airport is directly plugged into your Mac.

And the Photos Library must not be on a volume, that has been used for Time Machine backups.

Move your Photos Library to a different volume, that has been prepared as described here:

Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 7:48 AM in response to sunshal

A photos Library needs to be on a locally mounted volume, not on a network share. It will not work, unless the Airport is directly plugged into your Mac.

And the Photos Library must not be on a volume, that has been used for Time Machine backups.

Move your Photos Library to a different volume, that has been prepared as described here:

Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.