You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

watchOS 11 is now available

Introducing sleep apnea notifications, the Vitals app, training load, additional customization for Activity rings, a more personalized Smart Stack, and more. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Floor climbed - Apple watch series 3

All,

I have AW series 3 wOS 7.3.3 and Iphone XR iOS 14.4.2.

In my AW under app Activity, number of floor climbed is fixed to 0.

My Iphone continue to monitor this info correctly instead, but in the Health app; even if in my AW the information on floor climbed is always 0.

Another strange thing under Activity App on Iphone: floor climbed info is not present.

Any idea on this strange behaviour?

Thanks,

MAURO

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 9:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 11:41 AM

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2021 11:41 AM in response to mauro_franca

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apr 7, 2021 10:25 AM in response to mauro_franca

Correctly Counting Flights of Stairs

How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch - Apple Support

FWIW one user said he talked to some Apple Watch engineers and they suggested:

1. locking the water (swipe up and hit the water drop),
  2. washing the watch with alcohol or soap/water,
  3. flush the water out per the instructions - pull on crown.

It worked! Voila! Miscounting flights of stairs problem fixed.

Also, see the replies to:

Apple Watch counting too many flights - Apple Community

Apr 9, 2021 1:03 PM in response to javaliga

Hi Javaliga, thanks again for your reply, very appreciated.

I didn’t solve the issue.

I think the problem is related to the fact that in the data source devices under climbed floors in Health App, Apple Watch is simply missing as a device source for such data, only IPhone is listed as a data source.

And I don’t have any idea on how to add AW as a source device for climbed floors data.

Anyway, Thanks for your effort.

mauro

Apr 8, 2021 12:22 AM in response to javaliga

Thanks javaliga for your hints.

Unfortunately the described procedure didn't work.

Please notice that reported floor climbed in my AW series 3 IS ALWAYS 0, not miscounted!!

I think the problem is on Health app in my Iphone. In data and devices access tab, under AW device, floor IS NOT indicated in the listed activities and I don't know how to add it!!

My wife has a AW SE and I checked on her Iphone XR Health app settings. In her Iphone under Health app, in data and devices access tab, under AW device, floor IS indicated in the listed activities instead.

It seems Apple silenced (I don't know what is the reason....) my AW series 3 from reporting floor climbed!!

A real pity since in the Activity app on AW they didn't remove floor climbed indication so it is real frustrating having always 0 indication.

Mauro

Floor climbed - Apple watch series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.