Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I check my Mac for malware

How do I check my MAC for malware and if any has been found, what is the step by step guide for it's removal, please?

Thanks In Advance.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 10:15 AM

FWIW, I (& a number of others here at the ASC) suggest using either or both EtreCheck & Malwarebytes for Mac for this purpose. For the former, you would run an EtreCheck report to determine if any malware is present and follow its recommendations on how to remove it. For the latter, it works similar to most Anti-Virus apps (don't need them for Macs) in that you use it to scan for malware and remove any it finds.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 10:15 AM in response to DJPaulL

FWIW, I (& a number of others here at the ASC) suggest using either or both EtreCheck & Malwarebytes for Mac for this purpose. For the former, you would run an EtreCheck report to determine if any malware is present and follow its recommendations on how to remove it. For the latter, it works similar to most Anti-Virus apps (don't need them for Macs) in that you use it to scan for malware and remove any it finds.

How do I check my Mac for malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.