Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download OS X 10.8 (Mavericks)

Hello, where can I download OS X Mavericks (10.8) ? Since it’s hidden in the App Store maybe there is link to it so I can download it.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 10:29 AM

8 replies

Apr 8, 2021 9:30 AM in response to Community User

Hi there, MojaveTheDesert! Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are looking to get an older macOS version. We'd love to help. Let’s start by reviewing this article: How to get old versions of macOS.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

Apr 9, 2021 10:42 AM in response to Leanne_68

Leanne_68:

The page you linked does not show links for Mavericks (see screenshot attachment). I don't think it's a question of MojaveTheDesert not reading Apple's support material — even if they hadn't already seen the page you linked, it is quite lacking for Mavericks information. Thus, it is not possible to resolve the question without further support.

Apr 9, 2021 10:54 AM in response to Leanne_68

currently I’m using OS X Mountain Lion but i wan upgrade it to Mavericks.

the reason why I downgraded to OS X Mountain Lion is because it’s faster and works better.

but the other reason why I want the Mavericks installer is because I want install it from a bootable usb instead of mountain lion from internet recovery!

Apr 9, 2021 10:59 AM in response to M. M.

Yea and since I found out that apple doesn’t allow to download Mavericks from their website you have to download it from App Store form your purchase tab if you got it before 5 release . But I don’t have the Mavericks installer in App Store so I can’t get it.

Apr 9, 2021 10:43 AM in response to Leanne_68

But you can only download Yosemite up to Catalina! There’s no Mavericks there!

I’m looking for a Mavericks dmg so I can get the installer

Download OS X 10.8 (Mavericks)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.